Report by Linda Pearce The first day of summer arrived with a beautiful morning for hiking. Thirty-one people participated in the walk to the Collier’s Dam, while four others walked the lake roads. The hike to the dam took us along the railroad tracks and over nicely shaded trails, including the portage out of Goodyear Lake used by the Clinton Regatta canoers to bypass the dam. Many enjoyed viewing the dam from near its base. This dam was completed in 1907, replacing a dam about 150 ft. downstream built by Peter Collier and his son-in-law Jared Goodyear to operate a saw mill and gristmill. That property was bought out in 1904 and the new dam constructed to provide electric power to a 65 mile long trolley line from Oneonta to Herkimer and for general public use. We returned to our backyard to eat our lunch and have ice cream while being entertained by all the bird activity in the yard. It was an enjoyable out for all of us, and it was nice to see some who haven’t joined us for awhile. Many thanks to all who helped in picking up lots of trash along the way. Photographs by Currie Marr.